Our Atlantic Ocean for Growth and Well-Being, Cabo Verde
At the invitation of the Sigi Gruber (Head of Marine Resources Unit, DG Research and Innovation, European Commission) EUMR will be part of a roundtable discussion panel to address the topic of "Innovation in the Blue Economy". Representing EUMR will be António Sérgio Ferreira, LSTS (UPorto), with the remaining panel being constituted by:
- Paulo Veiga - Deputy Minister for Maritime Economy, Cabo Verde
- John Bell - Director of Bioeconomy, Directorate-General for Research and Innovation, European Commission
- Benvindo D'Oliveira Fonseca - Instituto Nacional de Desenvolvimento das Pescas, Cabo Verde
- Tiago Pitta e Cunha - Chief Executive Officer, Oceano Azul Foundation, Portugal
- Katariina Rantanen - Chief Executive Officer, CosmEthics, Finland
Discussion moderator will be Martin Visbeck, Vice Director, GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel, Germany.
The event will also count on participation of Ulisses Correia e Silva (Prime Minister, Cabo Verde), Carlos Moedas (European Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation), Manuel Heitor (Minister of Science, Technology and Higher Education, Portugal) and Peter Heffernan (Chief Executive Officer, Marine Institute, Ireland), among others.